Memorandum of Understanding
Supply Nation and the Business Council of Australia (BCA) believe that a thriving, growing Indigenous business sector is good for our communities, economy and our future.
Together, our organisations will forge new links – and strengthen existing links – between large mainstream businesses and Indigenous enterprises and entrepreneurs to bring mutual benefits and drive greater Indigenous economic engagement.
The BCA facilitates the contribution of more than 100 of Australia’s most successful business leaders to the development of public policy that supports long-term economic growth for the benefit of the nation and all Australians. Our members believe Indigenous social and economic inclusion is critical to national prosperity.
Supply Nation is Australia’s premier business-to-business membership body dedicated to growing diversity within the supply chain.
Supply Nation’s goal is to connect Australian corporate and government organisations with Indigenous business suppliers who are already achieving success or have the potential to develop into vibrant, vital businesses. Its aim is to ensure that Indigenous businesses have the opportunity to be integrated into the supply chains of Australian companies and government agencies.
This agreement will support both the BCA and Supply Nation to develop and embed the right capabilities within our member businesses and Supply Nation Certified Suppliers to ensure supplier diversity becomes a standard practice in Australian business. Where relevant, we’ll collaborate in helping to create a business and policy environment that encourages and acknowledges good supplier diversity practice. We’ll draw from the experiences of our members to build and promote the business case for supplier diversity.
This is a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between: The Business Council of Australia and Supply Nation
Implementation and relationship
- BCA CEO and Supply Nation CEO will meet annually to review outcomes and plan year ahead.
- There will be quarterly scheduled meetings between BCA secretariat and Supply Nation staff.
- Supply Nation will attend one Business-Indigenous Network meeting annually to discuss member feedback/issues.
- The parties will arrange joint networking and knowledge sharing events.
- The annual BCA Indigenous engagement member survey will be used to track member procurement activities and identify growth areas for Indigenous business development.
- Profile successful BCA/Supply Nation member partnerships will be profiled in the annual BCA Indigenous Engagement Survey report.
- BCA to use and/or profile supplier/s at the BCA events where possible.
Supply Nation and the BCA will explore joint projects evaluating the business and community benefits of supplier diversity.
Our joint advocacy will aim to create the right policy settings to incentivise and recognise best practice in supplier diversity.
The MOU commenced on 12 February 2014 and will be reviewed annually at the meeting of the CEOs.