20 April 2012
By National Indigenous Times reporter Geoff Bagnall
Eight organisations have been honoured for their efforts to promote Indigenous business success.
The Indigenous and non-Indigenous government and non-government organisation won various categories at the AIMSC awards held recently.
When Australian business turned its collective attention to the AIMSC Supplier Diversity Awards to see who had received the highest honours for achievement and leadership in the field of supplier diversity, they showed their commitment to helping Indigenous business not only survive, but thrive.
The awards honour the accomplishments of Certified Indigenous business Suppliers and recognise members who have shown outstanding leadership in supporting the Indigenous contribution to the Australian economy.
The winners, selected by a panel of experts, were:
- Corporate Member of the Year: Qantas Airways
- Government Member of the Year: Department of Educations, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR)
- AIMSC Certified Indigenous Supplier of the Year: Print Junction
- Up and Coming Member: National Rugby League (NRL)
- Up and Coming Certified Indigenous Supplier: Northern Haulage and Diesel Services
- AIMSC Supplier Diversity Advocate of the Year: Shaun Hodgins, Compass Group Australia
- Supplier Diversity Partnership of the Year: Corporate
- Culcha & Department of Families, Housing, Community
- Services and Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA)
- Special Recognition: KPMG